By default, a group of lamps (or even a single lamp) can only be controlled by a single TRÅDRFRI controller. But in different situations, it would be better to have multiple controllers to control the lamps, e.g. on a long floor.
This scenario is not described by IKEA and therefore theoretically not supported. But wait… the following steps allow to create a “copy” of controller that can control the same group of lamps (or single lamp).
The starting point is: having a group of lamps or a single lamp paired with a TRÅDRFRI controller.
- Reset a new TRÅDRFRI controller (press the ? symbol on the back 4 times)
- Place the new and the existing controller next to each other
- Hold both of the ? symbol
- red light appears … hold the buttons
- red light switches off … paring finished
- Now it’s possible to use both controllers for the same group of lamps or single lamp